Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Welcome!

Hi, my name is Leala and I'm a book whore. There, I admitted it; first step achieved! It does feel better putting it out there. However, unlike other "-oholic anonymouses" I am not giving up this addiction. I do believe that my addiction is a disease. I can't stop and I can't help myself.

I don't like using libraries because you have a limited amount of time to read those books. And what if I'm not in the mood to read those books in the allotted time span? Then I wasted my time. But if I buy the books, I have all the time in the world to read them. If I didn't buy books I could probably afford a summer home in the Hamptons!

I don't have to be in any particular mood for my car to veer into the parking lots of Barnes & Noble or Borders. I'll spend the most money when I'm down or sad. I just buy everything in sight. That's the most dangerous time for me to be near bookstores. But I'm sure the stores don't think so.

I tend to stray from my book book at those times. What's a book book you may ask? A little of my OCD slipped out into my book world. I have a spiral book where I list all the books I want to read. Not only do I highlight them once they are read, but I also will rate them with up or down arrows! Everyone has to have a hobby!

Now is where I admit the bad part of all this book buying. I have gorgeous antique bookshelves filled with books of all genres. However, the majority of those books sit unopened, unread. That fact does not infringe on my buying more & more books. I now have a huge pile of new books on the floor in front of the bookshelves.

But I am starting to read through them all and thought I would share my book thoughts with the world. Reading brings people together. Books can help heal wounds, inspire great ideas, or even transport you to another time and space.

So pull up a chair and a cup of tea and let's talk books. Please feel free to share any book recommendations with me as well. There are so many books and so little time to read them all!

Welcome!

2 comments:

  1. My name is Pam & I'm a book whore! Whew, it does feel good to admit it.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. See! Now we will have to work on step 2!

    ReplyDelete